Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
We’re seeking a Body Shop Manager to join our team in Victoria!! Be part of a growing, award winning organization committed to ensuring our customers get back on the road safely. Ranked 55th overall on BC Business magazine’s list of B.C.’s Most Loved Brands, Craftsman Collision is the leading collision repair provider across Western Canada, with over 500 employees in more than 40 locations throughout BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The Shop Manager is responsible for promoting a high-performing shop culture with a focus on profitability, continuous improvement, customer satisfaction, safety, and employee engagement. The Shop Manager provides leadership and direction to a team of employees to ensure shop operations run efficiently and effectively. This location is part of our Distinctive Auto Works brand and you’ll have the opportunity to work with luxury repairs and clientele.
Location: 1746 Island Highway, Victoria
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Direct reports: All Shop team members including, where applicable: Assistant Manager, Bookkeeper, Estimator, Operations Trainee, Parts Coordinator, Auto Body Technician, Paint Technician, Detailer, Auto Body Apprentice, Paint Apprentice
- Accountability for daily operations of the Shop and providing leadership to ensure stakeholder objectives are met in a safe, effective, ethical and positive manner;
- Manages Shop in alignment with The Craftsman Way (TCW);
- Oversees daily production, work flow and is responsible for quality control of the Shop;
- Works with the Operations team, Human Resources, and Health, Safety and Environment Manager to ensure that operations are compliant with all provincial and national regulatory standards pertaining to health and safety, quality and employment standards;
- Ensures compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines to promote their consistent application within the Company;
- Writes estimates and scheduled repairs as required;
- Ensures all files are closed within 24 hours of vehicle delivery;
- Brings forward suggestions for training needs based on observations;
- Ensures a system of controls are in place to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost control, revenue, and EBITDA parameters;
- Works with the assigned Operations Manager to set operational goals, in alignment with organizational objectives, measuring and reporting results on a timely basis;
- Reviews and interprets key performance indicators on an ongoing basis, and adjusts operations accordingly;
- Reviews and interprets monthly financials, and adjusts operations accordingly;
- Reviews and approves payroll, and addresses employee concerns when errors occur;
- Ensures accounts receivable and payable are kept current;
- Oversees replacement vehicle program for shop, arranges for servicing as needed, and coordinates with Head Office in regards to fleet issues;
- Ensures Shop meets or exceeds company standards in SPARKLE, safety and security;
- Ensures tools and equipment are being serviced and maintained properly; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Provides overall direction, support, coaching and leadership to the shop team to achieve targets;
- Creates a work environment which helps foster the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways and make decisions;
- Sets and clearly communicates objectives, manages performance, delegates work, supports development, provides regular feedback and evaluates compensation levels;
- Develops and leads regular shop communication sessions to review company-wide and local initiatives and shop performance;
- Partners with Human Resources to assess staffing requirements, work through the recruitment and selection process, and resolve employee issues at the shop level;
- Manages employee attendance and approves/declines time off requests based on operational needs;
- Manages employee transactions in human resources management system (Dayforce); and
- Facilitates apprenticeship program onsite and provides support to apprentices to ensure a positive experience and successful completion of the program.
Health and Safety
- Leads and promotes a shop culture where Health and Safety is a priority;
- Ensures shop facility and team members follow all Health and Safety requirements, policies and procedures;
- Responsible for conducting shop safety orientations with new employees and ensuring they complete all mandatory Health and Safety training;
- Provides leadership and support for Health and Safety initiatives at the facility;
- Works with external health and safety partners on claims management and implementation of modified work programs and accommodation plans for Shop employees as needed;
- Partners with the Health, Safety and Environment Manager to implement incident prevention programs; and
- Proactively works with Provincial OHS Officers during inspections or investigations and reports those inspections and investigations to the Health, Safety & Environment Manager.
- Leads the team in providing the highest levels of customer service, both internally and externally, with the goal of continuously improving the customer experience;
- Resolves customer service concerns and escalates to the General Manager, Operations where appropriate;
- Proactively takes steps to reduce customer effort and continually evaluates performance in this area;
- Leverages and encourages customers to utilize feedback tools provided by Head Office, including social media; and
- Oversees and monitors customer service levels provided and puts actions in place to improve.
Marketing and Business Development
- Stay abreast of current Craftsman Collision marketing initiatives and promotions;
- Partner with the Marketing Manager on local initiatives and participation in community events;
- Represents and promotes the Craftsman Collision brand in a positive manner aligned with stated values in all dealings internal and external;
- Conducts outside sales calls, networks in the community, and proactively develops new business for the Shop to support revenue growth; and
- Proactively manages and maintains strong and effective working relationships by liaising and communicating with business partners, vendors, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders.
- Occasional travel within Canada and to the US may be required for company functions.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years in a shop leadership role with strong estimating skills
- A BA level completion or certification in Business, Operations Management, or related field preferred
- Experience working with financial statement and metrics
- Proficient with technology and able to successfully work in a variety of shop systems
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and create connection with customers, business partners and other stakeholders
- Successful track record of providing leadership that has resulted in achievement of financial targets and organizational goals
- Strong business acumen, demonstrating an understanding of the industry, competitive environment and trends
- Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders with excellent written, verbal and active listening skills
- Proven problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, mentor and coach a team to create a collaborative and respectful workplace
- Competitive compensation package that includes base salary, bonuses, company vehicle and more!
- Excellent benefits that include but are not limited to extended health, dental and MSP. After 3 months of employment, 100% of these benefits are paid for by Craftsman Collision.
- A minimum of four company sponsored social events per year; such as ski trip, holiday party, golf day and family event.
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how your qualifications & experience fit this position.
We appreciate the time that all applicants have taken when applying for this position, however, only the candidates that are chosen for an interview will be notified by phone or email. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in Craftsman Collision!