Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
CARSTAR Canada – Toronto, ON
The Area Manager of Operations will be responsible for directing the improvement of operational performance through coaching, counseling and consulting of CARSTAR stores in the assigned geographical areas. This individual will have a high level of experience in the automotive collision and repair industry from which they can draw on when working with franchisees.
- Critical Thinking
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Decision Making
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Thinking
- Leverage automotive collision industry experience to recognize gaps in efficiency and opportunities for improvement
- Improve operational performance of each franchise location
- Monitor and coach to increase profitability performance of each franchise location in the designated geographical area.
- Validate and maintain CARSTAR standards and contractual obligations.
- Support and drive CARSTAR initiatives.
- Provide updated monthly reports of achieved KPIs.
- Provide customer complaint management and resolution.
- Attend and provide oversight in Business Group meetings as required.
- Perform Market Performance Group Meetings (MPGs) within designated market areas.
- Support EDGE Performance Groups and Operational Performance Groups when required.
- Support CARSTAR’s contract renewal process and maintain retention of current stores.
- Provide effective and timely response to all communications.
- Attend Operations Meetings, Annual CARSTAR Conference, Edge Performance Groups (EPG) and additional training as required.
- Meet goals and objectives as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Automotive collision and repair industry experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in management. Prior multi-unit, business consulting or equivalent experience preferred.
- Functional / Technical Knowledge: Microsoft Office proficiency required: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Collision Repair Management systems (ex. Mitchell, Summit, etc.).
- Estimating software systems.
** Operational Performance Acumen
** Operational experience in a collision shop location(s).
** Understanding and analysis of operational KPIs.
- Financial Acumen:
** Accrual accounting principles and practices.
** Understanding and analysis of financial KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
** Understanding and analysis of profit and loss, balance sheet and other required financial statements.
** Knowledge of accounts receivable and accounts payable management.
- Travel required: 70-80%