Offered Salary 0
Qualifications Painting Certificate
The refinisher prep technician is responsible for preparing vehicle(s) for paint. The prep department must foster a positive team spirit within all departments. This person must be meticulous in his or her work and always strive to improve productivity and quality of work.
· Check all parts prior to repair process & notify appropriate person of any defects or damages
· Be responsible/accountable for all parts for any job you are assigned.
· Complete all repair assignments according to the methods and objectives outlined.
· Inspect work to ensure that the vehicle is delivered with a fit and finish equal or superior to the original factory fit and finish.
· Responsible for applying masks, putty, sanding, buffing, priming surfaces to prepare for paint.
· Ensure all repairs and painted parts be completed to the point of “ready for paint” prior to delivering vehicle to paint department.
· Perform necessary chemical cleaning of surface for proper paint adhesion.
· Assist Painter when applicable.
· Continuously maintain a clean and safe working environment.
· Previous experience/knowledge in body repair, vehicle preparation & paint.
· Speed, accuracy & attention to detail
· Ability to work independently, ability to handle a varied workload.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Auto Body Repair: 3 years (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place