Offered Salary 0
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Welding Certificate
As a part of our Maintenance Department, we are currently looking for a Trailer Mechanic to join our team. The Trailer Mechanic is responsible for daily and preventative maintenance and completes the required repairs on company-owned trailers.
The chosen candidate will provide quality customer service to our drivers, is safety focused and is a Licensed Mechanic (310T or 310J).
- Preventative and scheduled repairs on trailer equipment:
- Review and follow work order instructions from start to finish.
- Inspect and diagnose trailer issues quickly and repair immediate need items.
- Performing general trailer repairs on air brakes, electrical components and hydraulic systems, doors, landing gear etc. Experience with refrigeration and/or tailgate repairs an asset.
- Perform steel / aluminum welding (Stick/Mig/Tig) as required.
- Conduct annual safety inspections.
- Outline all parts used and input comments into the work order (complaint, cause and correction) regarding the repair.
- Inspect entire vehicle and road test to ensure repairs are complete.
- Test systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to isolate faults.
- Notify shift Team Leader of any other needed repairs.
- Identify any warranty repairs and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform Ministry of Transportation vehicle inspections as per Ministry guidelines.
- Shunting and moving equipment in and out of maintenance facility and other destinations for repairs.
- Shop cleanup:
- Put away any equipment used, including personal tools.
- Shop cleanliness, emptying garbage cans at end of shift, washing floors and sweeping.
- Attend shift meetings as required.
- Participate in formal and informal training sessions.
- Performing other shop duties as required.
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Provincial Ontario 310T/310J Certification of Qualification (Truck or Trailer), or interprovincial designation from other province.
- Registered 310T/310J with Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
- 2-5 years’ of prior work experience as a Technician on trailers; truck experience an asset.
- Prior work experience on temperature controlled (reefer) trailers an asset.
- Steel / aluminum welding experience (Stick/Mig/Tig) an asset.
- Possess a valid G Driver’s License.
- Must have suitable tools or willingness to purchase prior to hire.
- Knowledgeable with air brakes and electrical diagnostics.
- Able to use current technology to ensure vehicle safety and performance.
- Detail oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Interested in the transportation industry.
- Safety minded.
- Strong customer focus.
- Proactive attitude and takes initiative to prevent issues.
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, professional and a positive team member.
- An opportunity to contribute to the company by continually making improvements and resolving issues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
How To Apply:
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Trailer Mechanic may be right for you.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples. By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.